WorkSafe Products is an ergonomics company specializing in safe patient handling issues and office ergonomics.
Many people interested in ergonomic seating have been trying the “Balance Ball” chair. However, we have found someone who really likes it:
WorkSafe Products can help you with all of your office seating needs. The tips below can help you selecting a new chair:
A common statement we hear from our clients is that their patients are becoming heavier and heavier. Lifts with higher weight limits are a must. However, other issues must be taken into account when purchasing a new lift to accommodate higher weight.
As an example, you must consider arm reach. Patients that weigh over 450lbs are going to have a very large girth. A lift used for these patients is going to need a long arm.
One on the best areas for using Ceiling Lifts in hospitals is Radiology. CT Scanners and X-Ray devices can pose challenges for Safe Patient Handling issues. The equipment does not allow for positioning lifts underneath the tables, some lifts do not go high enough and lifting equipment is not always available.
Complex gantry systems can pose additional problems. WorkSafe products has been installing Ceiling Lifts in Radiology Departments for many years. Pictured above is an gantry system that has the x-ray system on rails attached to the ceiling. The solution for EZ Way was to put the track outside of the X-Ray gantry, allowing each to be used as necessary. When not in use, the EZ Way Ceiling Lift parked out of the way.
For out-patient Radiology, may patients arrive with their own slings already under them. EZ Way slings can be placed around the patients sling so that the patient can be sent home without disturbing his sling.
Contact WorkSafe Products for other Radiology solutions.
As we visit customers an prospects, they are interested in implementing Safe Patient Handling programs. However, getting the employees to use the equipment is always an issue. We have solutions and guidelines that can help.
Following a well planned approach is the best solution. We have a program called “The EZ Way Facility Evaluation.” This starts with an analysis of the facility and follows through to training. We also work with a third-party consultant called Prevent, Inc. who will also take you through the entire process. Prevents success rate in the 90% range (that is, if you are not currently using a Safe Patient Handling program, it is possible for them to lower expenses related to employee injury by 90%).
Prevent, Inc. has identified that the following practices create the most effective and sustainable safe handling programs:
1. The Chief Nurse Officer allocates the necessary resources for a successful implementation.
2. Staff who are viewed as change agents support and direct the initiative.
3. Appropriate and adequate mechanical lifts, cloth slings and accessories are secured.
4. A Safe Handling Policy is developed.
5. Procedures are integrated into the plan of care to trigger and reinforce the determination of the patient’s needs for safe mobilization.
6. Marketing strategies increase understanding and support of the change of practice.
7. The educational plan supports competence with the use of equipment and safe handling practice.
8. Mentoring and development at the bedside to support and build confidence and competence.
9. Unit Champions sustain and build the Safe Patient Handling practice.
10. Ongoing outcomes are measured and analyzed to develop the Safe Patient Handling practice.
Call us for more information.